Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sunday Monday

I am posting tonight and will be around in the afternoon to read posts. Whew! I have  had one unproductive weekend. I really do not like to admit that but sometimes I must be transparent.  I literally have been a tv watcher this weekend. It has always amazed me when the Sunday school lessons, sermons, etc. all point to the same or very similar subject. This morning our Sunday school teacher said he was going to be talking about what we do or watch for entertainment in the next few weeks. Now isn't that just a coincidence  that this will be the subject when I have just made a self-determination to not even sit down to the computer until after school is over? (no it is not at all!!) Then we had a guest preacher today and the morning and evening sermon were just wonderfully convicting and thought provoking. Tonight especially for me, he spoke about worship and many wonderful points were brought out. I really need to work on my intimate relationship with God. I have failed so miserably this summer in this area. I really function well on a schedule and that is one reason I felt year around schooling would be good for our family. I maintained fairly well until July and August, then I just put it all aside when we had company and then some work around the house and getting ready to begin again. So here I sit no closer to my God, actually probably farther away due to my lack of time spent reading, studying, meditating on the Word of God, and praying. Oh, I have read my Bible sporatically and prayed. But has it been sweet? Not as sweet as it could or should be.  I remember a time when I would drink in the Word of God, it was a "peaches and cream" time in my life, now I am taking in the word of God like a medicine, I take it because I know I need it  and it is good for me, but I have not had a hunger and thirst for it as I used to have. Tonight I am hungry and thirsting for the Word. Oh, how refreshing it will be!


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment