Thursday, September 27, 2007

new camera!!! and oh yeah, we are, I mean were, okay back to are making clay pots today

May the Lord find us faithful.


Isn't it funny that the camera was noted first! Any how, this will be quick as I have unhappy clay workers now. One has defected and the other two are just playing with the clay. Sometimes, things do not work out as planned. Here are the pictures from the beginning of our little "project"


September2007071.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


September2007075.jpg picture by kaysmarmey This picture of blessing #2 made me realize that I need to have my little artists create new masterpieces for the frames in the plate holder in our dining room.


September2007073.jpg picture by kaysmarmey She has a beard. She will hope she doesn't when she is older! I will probably be taking pictures like crazy this afternoon once the house is cleaned up and school put away. I want to take some pictures of the family room and our school area, etc.


September2007080.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


September2007087.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


My defector never came back, he did not want to get clay hands again. I read the container(always do this after you get into the project!) to add water to shape,etc. I knew that, we took a pottery class a few years ago with our homeschool group. So the girl blessings and I kept going and we each made a clay pot. We are using Mystery of History and studied Gideon  today, thus the clay pots. We have a few more things to do before the formal education part of our day is completed but the sun is shining brightly and I think it will be calling the "little people" outside. What are you doing today?


 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new camera! How exciting!

    How fun to make clay pots!

    We enjoyed Mystery of History when we used it and will, likely, be using it with our son next year.

    Happy Homeschooling!


    ~ Christina

    http://hskubes.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. A new camera is so wonderful! What would we bloggers do without one? Playing with clay is too fun.

    Blessings, Mama K

    ReplyDelete