Thursday, April 30, 2015
Monday, April 27, 2015
All thoughts are mine, I am not talking about anyone specific just general observations in general.
1. Skinny jeans on the males of the human species, why?
2. Tank tops on the males of the human species, I just do not like it. Good thing I live on the frozen tundra and only have to see this for four or five months out of the year. I saw one today at the orthodontist office, seriously dude, it is not warm enough yet for a tank top.
3. We are at the orthodontist office for a bracket repair first thing on a Monday morning. The first two items on the list I saw today. I cannot unsee them. And I am not bashing the males, they just commited these faux pas today.
4. Spring has sprung and I have green pictures to prove it.
5. Levi's bracket has been repaired. Back to school.
6. My husband fixed my van this weekend. It had a shake when I braked and I do not like shake, rattle and rolling. He is the bestest ever. He also does not wear skinny jeans or tank tops.
7. I could get into making these random lists because it really is how my brain works, random, that's me.
8. Today is Monday and I have no where to go today after that trip to the orthodontist. Yahoo!
9. The house is a mess and I have tried to do a few things, like laundry today but I have a couple of kids who seem to need regular reminders and supervision to accomplish their school work for the day.
Sunday, April 26, 2015
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Friday, April 24, 2015
I am at thirty pounds gone so far in this journey. At times I can feel everyone of those thirty pounds gone and then sometimes I feel as though they are still here. Then I looked back at a picture from almost two years ago and yeah, they are gone.
This picture will have to do for today. I do not like man cut t-shirts but this one was on the top of the laundry pile when I changed clothes so it went on for the evening while I prep for an out of town baseball game tomorrow.
I enjoyed a week of pre prepped meals after the once a month meal prep from last week. I grilled kabobs last night but other than that we have had meals from the freezer and it has been grand.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
Monday, April 20, 2015
My three oldest sell used curriculum as a fundraiser for their leadership team so I am going to get a table a see if I can make a few dollars to order our history curriculum for next year. I often rarely take much money home with me because I usually spend it at the sale purchasing used items, so we shall see how I fare. Mystery of History Volume IV will be the history for the girls next year and I cannot wait to learn alongside of the girls.
Friday, April 17, 2015
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Yesterday was eye appointment day for my three oldest. The girls went to the waiting area and Benjamin and Levi and I were at the optical side getting their glasses adjusted, because a six year old could use an adjustment every day. A Man, I am sure a very nice man because he struck up conversation with a thirteen year old, asked Judith about school and she told him we home educate. She had to let him know that we had done our school work in the morning before coming to the eye doctor's office. He then asked her if she had friends. Really? Is going to school all about having friends? Just because children are educated at home can it seem impossible to know people? I am kind of glad I missed this dialogue because sometimes I do not have great patience for such things. Anyway, I was busy with a six year old who has to keep sending the lady back for more adjustments until they get his glasses just right and in between he was busy modeling glasses for his next pair. He had the receptionist laughing. He is a very animated little guy. He looked particularly adorable in the Ray Ban sunglasses.
Back to this man, good thing he does not go to our orthodonist office because he would be shocked at the number of kids there at any given time. I wonder when those kids do their school work? I wonder if they have friends? Better reel it in because the scarcasm is a little heavy.
Sunday, April 12, 2015
Saturday, April 11, 2015
Friday, April 10, 2015
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Monday, April 6, 2015
On the Trim Healthy Mama facebook group there is something called Non Scale Victories (NSVs), which are just as important as the number on the scale, maybe more so.
My NSV for Resurrection Sunday was manuvering a gathering meal at someone else's home. Thankfully the offerings were such that my meal was not that off plan even though I still splurged. The main course was Cornish hens stuffed with wild rice, potato salad (off plan but I only had about two bites), asparagus and buttery garlic green beans and deviled eggs. I did finish off Benjamin's dinner roll and I had a slice of lemon blueberry cake. Even an off plan meal can be a victory because I did not stuff myself, I enjoyed a feast day with friends and family and I did not stess or beat myself up over eating off plan, I had a thm snack at the end of the day because getting back on plan is easy and also satisfying.
And, just for grins I weighed this morning and my weight was down a few ounces from my Friday weight. Gotta love THM, I highly recommend it.
Chicken Alfredo for dinner anyone?