Things I know:
1) When one works for something one appreciates it more
2) Life isn't all rainbows and unicorns
3) Expectations are just that, expectations
4) Everyone should live through the Ramen noodles and other such college survival foods, it just seems like a right of passage and makes home cooked meals just divine
5) Every marriage can benefit from a cheap apartment/ugly couch beginning, seriously it is all an upgrade from those humble beginnings
6) Life is about everyday, down and dirty living NOT the big events or planned family outings
7) Sometimes you spend your anniversary at the ER because that is real life (my husband has kidney stones and boy is that painful)
8) I can be thankful and even happy in the not so fun days because we were together on our anniversary and kidney stones may be extremely painful but they are a much better ER diagnosis than we could have received.
9) How can we be married for twenty-three years?? I cannot be much older than that myself.