Sunday, May 31, 2015
Saturday, May 30, 2015
Friday, May 29, 2015
Monday, May 25, 2015
Children, they are truly a blessing. They are full of energy and curious. I do not provide kid crafts for my crew, nor did I when the older ones were little ones (which was yesterday). I do not believe children enjoy being drug through useless crafts that serve no purpose other than to keep little ones busy.
What did I do? I provided raw materials like homemade play dough, paper, paint, markers, colored pencils, stickers, stalkers, cardboard boxes, etc. They had items to keep them busy but I did not do much telling them what to do. I allowed them to get bored. I also worked on crafts in front of them and when interested I showed them how to do what I was doing. I taught them crafts that had a purpose.
I am pretty sure it has worked out well. I have a wood worker in the making. My girls can knit and know basic crochet and have dabbled in pottery and jewlery making. As I speak one is looking online for items to make and sell because she wants to earn some money. Crafts for money making have a purpose.
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Friday, May 15, 2015
- We had an extra little guy at our house this week, I called the boys the "twins".
- I like having two littles around at the same time, they keep each other busy.
- They go almost non stop all day long and they are loving being outside
- I am exhausted on this Friday evening and it is not because of the littles.
- The week has been a good kind of busy.
- I bought the next size smaller of pants, well, capris.
- I can finally wear something beside jeans.
- I bought a cute knit skirt as well.
- I am half way to my goal. Half way!!!
- I did not get anyone to take my picture today because I slept in and the rest of the day was busy.
- As soon as these kiddos go to bed I am going to my bed.
- My big kiddos are at a friend's house for a bonfire.
- My house is quiet.
- The littles have been to two playgrounds, played outside at home, had s'mores and are now watching a movie.
- I did not have s'mores. I do not like them.
- Pre-THM I would already be laying on the couch by now.
- The little are camping in the fort that Levi built for them under the kitchen table. It may be an interesting evening.
- We shall see if they last in there all night.
- This is all, happy Friday!! Alaskan daylight is longer each day and I am enjoying soaking up as much vitamin D as I possibly can.
Thursday, May 14, 2015
I picked this book from the bookshelf the other night to read aloud to Benjamin and his friend, who is spending the week at our house. The book isn't over the top wonderful BUT the vocabulary is priceless. The words used are quality words, descriptive words. The children in the book have a father and a mother, and while they take a backseat to much of the story, they are there and they are respected and they are essential to the story. I look forward to each chapter at bedtime and I am thrilled that Benjamin is ready for bedtime chapter book reading.
Monday, May 11, 2015
Sunday, May 10, 2015
Friday, May 8, 2015
Thursday, May 7, 2015
Today I am having an echocardiogram. Nothing is wrong, my doctor heard a heart murmur and she wanted a baseline for future reference. I keep trying to remember if she has heard this in the past. She had no notes of it in my record and neither of us could remember if she had heard it before.
So, I am waiting in the outpatient waiting room. The television is on. There is some daily "news" show on, I think a Today something show. Oh my. This is NOT news this is noise. Just saying.
You see all kinds in the hospital. I rarely go to the hospital and for that I am thankful.