Friday, September 7, 2007

Pollyanna

Masterpiece Theatre - Pollyanna DVD Cover Art


The blessings and I just finished watching this movie and it was great! I cannot recommend this movie enough. I have to admit that I have not read the book which is not normal for me. I have the "read the book and then watch the movie" philosophy. But this was the best movie on the library movie shelf. This movie is also overdue and the only reason I remembered that I checked it out was that I went to the library to check out some books that I had requested online and she asked if I had returned it. Fortunately, our library is great about late books and movies. We promptly came home and after settling in we watched the overdue movie. I cried and cried. The Disney version is all fluff and noise compared to this version. I am also going to be requesting Pollyanna in book version as soon as I post this entry. It will be our next read aloud.  I also just read a review of Pollyanna and it makes me even more anxious to read this book to the blessings (and probably on my own first as I have one read aloud going, I am impatient). Then, (this post is a little like "If you give a moose a muffin...." Since I watched this movie and then realized we needed to read the book, I then realized that I should get back to listing my occassional "good book" posts as I did in the winter.  Oh, it hurts to get sidetracked so easily!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooo, I like Pollyanna too. I haven't seen this one though. I saw a lot older version. The girl had blonde hair. Looks like I have an excuse to watch it again, huh?! ;o)


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog and this movie recommendation! I'm off right now to see if Netflix has this (although I'll admit a fondness for the Disney version!!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. We listened to the book on tape I have not seen this movie. I'll add it to our Netflix queue! Thanks.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete