Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Food Week

Since I spoke in length about the crock pot yesterday, I thought  I would list our menu for the week. I make a menu every week, but do not often think of posting in here.
Monday - Invited to a cook out


Tuesday - Turkey Pot Pie  making two, freezing one to give as a meal at church this weekend(recipe to follow at end of menu)


Wednesday -  Moose Roast in crock pot with potatoes and veggies


Thursday -  Deep fried halibut, mac and cheese, salad and cheesecake for dessert (we have company flying in and this will a special meal for our guest)


Friday - pizza and fresh veggies


Saturday - Halibut sandwiches using leftover halibut, spinach and coleslaw


Sunday -  leftover pizza


Pa-Pa's chicken pot pie


1 pkg. frozen mixed vegetables


1/3 cup butter


1/3 cup all-purpose flour


1/3 cup chopped onion


1/2 tsp. salt


1/4 tsp. pepper


1 3/4 cup chicken broth


2/3 cup milk


2 1/2-3 cups chicken or turkey


Melt butter in saucepan at med. heat. Stir in flour, onion, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly until bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in broth and milk. Heat until boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Add chicken and veggies. Remove from heat . Pour into crust. Bake 35 minutes at 425 degrees.


I make my crust using Bob's red mill whole wheat pastry flour and the recipe is on the bag.


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. Mmm...your menu sounds delicious! I love turkey pot pie. :0)

    I'm glad to hear that you like our new magazine, thank you so much for your sweet compliments! You will have to let me know if you try any of the projects!

    Kelli

    www.kellishouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be over for my pot pie.....LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe for the pot pie. I make a chicken pot pie similar to this, but use baking powder biscuit dough that I roll out and place on top of the mixture before baking. I have actually eaten Halibut before. My MIL caught a huge Halibut while visiting my dh's uncle in Washington one year. I've never eaten moose though! ;o)


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can almost smell how good this is!!! Thanks for the recipe. Someday it will be cool enough outside to turn on my oven without making it hotter inside!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete