Thursday, September 20, 2007

Blogger Friend School #2 add on and pictures

May the Lord find us faithful.


First things first, her is my actual blogging spot for the Blogger Friend School Assignment #2. (Scroll Down for assignment #3 if you came from training hearts)


September2007039.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Next, these tomatoes came from my Pastor's garden. I picked them on Saturday. I cannot wait to eat that big yellow one, they are my favorites!


September2007015.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


These tomatoes are from our two tomato plants below.


September2007026.jpg image by kaysmarmey



September2007016.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This is our lone cabbage that we harvested from the garden last week. I finally got around to making cabbage rolls today. Here is the process:


1. Boil the cabbage head for 5-10 minutes then drain and let cool a few minutes.


September2007032.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


2. Make meat filling:


1 lb. ground meat


1/4 cup brown rice


some small diced carrot, onion and optional green pepper


add some salt and pepper


and 1 egg


Stir to combine.


Pull off one cabbage leaf at a time and fill (about 2 TBSP of meat mixture) and roll like an egg roll


September2007035.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


September2007036.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Cut up and remaining cabbage and place it in the bottom of your crock pot. Add the rolls and cover with:


1- 15 ounce can of tomato sauce


1 cup brown sugar


sometimes I add a splash of cider vinegar


Put your crock pot on high or low depending on your timeline and they will be ready in about 4-8 hours.


September2007038.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


Lastly, some play dough creations:


There are chips(triangles and doughnuts and the far left item is unknown to me)


September2007040.jpg picture by kaysmarmey

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love cooked cabbage. Unfortunately, nobody else in my house does. Maybe I will copy this recipe down and give it to my mother to fix for us for lunch on Fridays. We had cabbage with potatoes, carrots, and sausage today. Goooood! Hope you have a good weekend!


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabbage rolls look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you look at these lovely photos on your blog!!!! Mouth watering good, too!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look yummy! I guess Camille thinks she's going to live far away from me!


    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look yummy! I guess Camille thinks she's going to live far away from me!


    Laurie

    ReplyDelete