Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fire

May the Lord find us faithful.


Today has been a slow and not very productive day outside of the normal routine. Things have been accomplished but not anything outside of  school work, cooking, keeping the kitchen clean and a little laundry. I actually took a nap today. Who knows what was going on there. I definitely know we need to get outside some tomorrow afternoon before heading to the grocery store and church. Disclaimer: It was dreadfully grey and drizzly here today. Those days do not do much for me. I should pick up steam here in a bit and do a little homekeeping. After this is posted I am shutting down the computer and :



  1. Getting the star theather 2 out of the box and we will star gaze!

  2. Bath time for all blessings

  3. Evening Family Bible reading and prayer

  4. Read aloud before bed

  5. Put blessings to bed

  6. Put on my pajamas

  7. Deep breath

  8. Sit in my cozy new family room chair and read, read, read until bedtime.


I have a fire going to warm up the house and try to keep the boiler from coming on so much. (Trying to conserve that heating fuel.) I also love the warmth the woodstove gives to the house. I had to jump up and take a couple of pictures of my chair and books.


September2007054.jpg picture by kaysmarmey I love this corner of the room. I have kind of silently declared it my chair. I love to sit there and read. Of course, when I read to the blessings I have to sit on the couch so we can all fit. They are getting big.The camera wasn't too agreeable with me so I stopped before taking a picture of the woodstove. I will try to take one when I get the new camera, I am going shopping tomorrow but may wait until Friday to make the purchase so my sweetheart can help with the actual purchase. He has given me guidelines and the okay to make the purchase so we will see what happens tomorrow! Wait until I post the candy land cake we will be making for blessing #3's birthday! She is so excited, we are going birthday day shopping tomorrow so we will get all the necessary candy and supplies to make the cake, the cups, plates, napkins etc. those who have been readers here long will know how we do birthdays here. It is a whole day celebration beginning with breakfast and goes from there!  Let the evening begin.......


 


 

7 comments:

  1. Your home sounds so cozy with a woodstove! I wanted to let you know that I used all-purpose flour for the cookies. They seemed to be fine with any baking soda or powder!


    Kelli

    www.kellishouse.blogspotc.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday J.R!

    Your chair does look very comfy! Now, I want one!


    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!!!!!!!! It looks like you Marmey. I wish I could be there for the cake..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your chair looks so inviting! I can't wait to see photos of the candy land birthday cake. Yummy! Happy shopping for a camera.

    Blessings, Mama K

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your blog for a bit this morning! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that corner does look extremely inviting. Hope you enjoy your time reading in it.


    blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your chair. I had a chair and ottoman, then we moved and had no spot for it. Maybe one day....

    I see it is getting cool there. Enjoy!

    Can't wait to see the cake, of course!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete