Tuesday, January 29, 2008

What is your crockpot doing today?

Greetings,
I hope I don't sound like the crock pot spokeswoman, I will leave that for the lady who has dedicated to using her crock pot everyday this year, that is commitment. She has made some interesting things. I do not have the link here but google crockpot everyday and you may find her. I may take time to post the link later. I am in a time crunch here!


Last night I started our crockpot oatmeal before going to bed.


 


This morning after a quick cleaning, I started a pot of vegetable moose soup. No recipe just a few potatoes, carrots, pearl barley, lentils and some leftover ground moose (when I have leftover ground meat from say tacos or burgers, I toss it into a container in the freezer and when I have a good quantity I usually make a leftover taco soup with rice and beans and salsa and the like but I was in the mood for veggie beef soup today. Usually when I make soup I use leftover roast but this meat was ready so I threw it in.) and a little beef broth and water to give enough liquid to cover the meat and veggies. I am looking forward to my bowl of comfort. I hope it thickens up good as I like thick soups or (stoups, as Rachel Ray calls them). Keep those crock pots busy. I have officially given mine an honorary place on my kitchen counter. I do not like much on the counter but I have been using it so much, it deserves a spot. I still keep the other crock pot in the cupboard. It isn't loved as much but I do use it on occasion.


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. My crock pot was full of yummy lasgana still from yesterday. It turned out well. How do you make the oatmeal in it?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete