Monday, January 14, 2008

Here we go round the mulberry bush! Not really.

Happy Monday,


Just filling you all in on a little thing I am trying with my family. I got two glass(peanut butter jars). On one I wrote: kind, loving words; first time obedience; love you neighbor; initiative,thus, pleasing God. On the second I wrote: unkind words; disobedience; selfish behavior; lazy, slothful, thus, pleasing self. Each time someone is pleasing God I will put change in that jar. Everytime some one is pleasing self, I put a plastic chip in the pleasing self jar. You see, the money is worth something is likened to laying up treasure in heaven; the plastic chip is worthless and is laying up earthly treasure. Now, my plan was to take the full jar of money and doing something as a family together, but one of my blessings suggested that we give it to the missions offering at church, even better and truly laying up treasure in heaven. We will see how it goes as the day and week progresses. I needed something concrete that my blessings could see their behavior in a real way. I will update and let you know how we all respond. (I am keeping myself accountable with this method as well.)


 


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

5 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I must try this. Thank you for sharing. My week looks more brighter (possibly!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea. I may do that with JD. Where did you come up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really does work. I do it with my girls. It takes a few times of getting the plastic chips before they realize the consequences (at least for mine, they are younger). So hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very creative idea, I think the visual aid would be good reinforcement. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete