Friday, January 14, 2011

Whatcha doing today?

I am snug inside on this -9 degree day. The wind was blowing something fierce this morning, but I am not sure what is going on outside right now.

We went to town every day this week, crazy I know. So, today is home day except for a possible trip to the North Pole library to pick up a reserved item, unless I can get someone to stop when they take the trash to the transfer site.

I am busy in the kitchen today. I am making pancake and sausage muffins in an attempt to have some pre-prepared breakfast food for weekday breakfasts.

There is a new to me stove in my garage waiting to be cleaned.

I may get some bread made later depending on how the afternoon goes.
Yummy salmon for dinner tonight as well.

6 comments:

  1. I would have thought it would be colder than that up where you live. It was -6 here in the Banana Belt! :)
    Stay warm,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Nook could be your best friend. No running to the library needed in the freezing weather. (lol) :-) Now my pity party that I hosted earlier is making my blush. My mom has gone to Puerta Rico and she sent me a picture from their hotel. You could see the beach and palm trees! For a moment, I lost it and wish I was there. I guess I can be glad for my 20 degree sunshine day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I already mentioned that I was going to a swimming party. We have Bible study tonight and I have to do a little bit of cleaning up before them. I am just enjoying my day off before I got back to work tomorrow for my Saturday turn (once a month). Glad you got a new stove. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hosted/coached our local Odyssey of the Mind team today. Have you ever tried to get 7 kids ranging from K to 2nd grade to work together to problem solve, while thier siblings are running and playing in the other rooms? It is a fun trick, I tell ya! ;)

    Can you post your recipe? That sounds like a lovely breakfast. I'd enjoy something different.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops...I see the recipe is a link. I need a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a nice day. Today I had to get some grocery's and the kids and I went to the library. We haven't been there in over a month. It was nice to browse again. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete