Thursday, November 1, 2007

Part 4 contains more than three pictures

I downloaded a larger group of pictures while I cleaned the kitchen and the bathrooms. Now, we are still on Saturday. At the Wilderness Festival the blessings were able to ride horses.


Here is my niece helmeted and ready to go, she loves animals!


October2007188.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Here she is riding


October2007197.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Here is blessing #3, she chose the smallest horse they had


October2007198.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


And blessing#2


October2007199.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


And blessing #1


October2007200.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


There was a whole tent "city" set up here with people dressed for the era. It was really neat to see what they had made for their tents. Each of my blessings bought a wooden knife with a leather sheath ( you will see it later). We were there at the end of the day and I did not have much time to look around but one tent was selling some really neat books. My niece had a break down so we left abruptly. She was very tired and over due a nap.  It is difficult to image what this area was like when the first settlers came through. I can see why they stayed, it is beautiful country. I have often told my sweetheart that we have lived in two of the most beautiful places in the US.


October2007206.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Last picture for Saturday, Pap and blessing #1. Pap seems to be doing fine, I have not talked to anyone since Saturday and he was fine then.


They are watching college football and I wasn't going to make them pose, or step in front of Pap's view of the television!!


October2007217.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


I am going to end with Saturday and begin the next post with Sunday. I promise the rest will not take so long!!! We took it easy most of the week except for one day.


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. That is really nice that your kids were able to have so much fun during the trip. Does your niece ride often, since she has a helmet? I am glad to hear Pap is doing well at this point, too.

    Jenn:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures. I like the mtns. in the background and the horses of course. And of course, we can't disturb a football game. :) The festival sounds very fun - something like we like to do too.

    ReplyDelete