Thursday, November 22, 2007

Home

Good morning to you all. As the title reads, I will be home today, yahoo! No sales crowds for me. I think we will read books, watch movies and design our gingerbread creation for the year. Last year we made a gingerbread train. This year I am desiring to make a gingerbread log cabin, this will take some planning! So, look out google and library, here we come. I do not know if I could homeschool without google and the library. Is making a gingerbread concoction homeschool? You bet it is! I hope to keep December moving along by daily working on some handicrafts and other projects. We will try to attend the local gingerbread contest and gain some mental pictures to use in making our cabin, who knows, one of us may enter next year.  The girl blessings and I will attend the Nutcracker Ballet (note to self, call and get tickets!) I am not in the Christmas spirit, as they say. I am really focused on only what is necessary and I am definitely not focused on commercial"ized" Christmas. I desire a homespun Christmas celebration. (I did purchase some Debbie Mumm Christmas paper plates, napkins and wrapping paper at Joanne Fabrics on Tuesday, it was plaid, I loved it and it was almost gone already! )Usually I have my husband hauling up Christmas decoration boxes after everyone leaves on Thanksgiving Day. Not this year. Maybe on Monday.


I really enjoyed Thanksgiving this year. I almost became overwhelmed with the number of people, then I refocused.  (Not that I thought it would be too many people, but would they all enjoy themselves with their being so many?)I became thankful that 17 other people would want to come to our house for Thanksgiving Dinner! What a blessing and something to be thankful for. How many people ate a dinner without being thankful, without any fun Scrabble or Dutch Blitz games played? No football? What, no football? Football is big in this house, but not during dinner. Dinner, the food was all great! We set up three tables in our family room and some of us ladies sat on the couch and chairs around the perimeter of the room. I loved us all being in the same room.  Pa-Pa, where were you?


Tomorrow, I am just going to be with my blessings! Just be!


May the Lord find us faithful.


 


.

6 comments:

  1. It was a great time of food and fellowship. Thank you for always including our family in your plans. We all had a great time. AND MAN THE FOOD WAS AWESOME! I wish I had some now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love keeping up with your blog.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home is sweet as the saying goes. I do not have any desire to shop in the madness after Thanksgiving. We are almost done anyway. (Yahoo!) Enjoy the ballet!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a wonderful day! Glad it was so nice for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Melissa!

    I love your new Christmas look.....and you have a face! I no longer have to picture my Alaskian friend as a moose. LOL. I know whatcha mean about all of the people over for Thanksgiving. I had two of those dinners to do. One with 20 people and the other with 18. Then the week before that, my sisters wedding at our house. Praising the Lord that all of the gatherings went well and were a blessing. Oh, Dutch Blitz is one of our family favorite games too. Well, my older sister and the one under me refuse to play it together, but I love it. Hee Hee. They are too competitive. I hope you have a wonderful week.


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello in up there in GODs land. I love your blog. I will be reading it as often as i can. I should be home with my family in a week or so for some MUCH needed R&R. I pray everything is going great with you all up there. Congrats on the moose, it makes me miss home very badly. Soon we will done with the Army and living back home. I know i live for that day. Well see you all again.


    Mike

    ReplyDelete