Wednesday, November 7, 2007

What have I learned from being outside of the home for 2 1/2 weeks?

I have learned alot.Daily my emotions go from being tired, frustrated, enjoyment, etc. I am tired when I get home, I am frustrated when the children do not obey, I am enjoying working with some of my friends but I only see them for a few minutes a day.


I definitely know that I am to be home, making a home that is a pleasant and peaceable place for my family and a refuge for my husband at the end of a day in the world. I see some areas that my children need "work" on within their hearts. If there is one thing I can rejoice in it is that one factor. I can begin to work on these areas immediately and really work diligently on them once we are home again.


Homeschool is definitely what I should be doing.


I feel so sorry for the children so often. They just need to be loved and cared for by their mothers and not dropped off and picked up, fed and bathed and put to bed. What a life? Not much of one. Yesterday we were out of the home all day. After a morning of teaching we went to Sam's Club for shopping, then to the dentist for 2 hours (4 appointments) and then to the grocery store for a few items that Sam's doesn't carry. We were out of the home for 10 hours!!!! I was exhausted and the blessings were tired and we still had to eat and put groceries away.  Not my idea of a good day.  But, I would rather do most of what needed to be done and get to come home today with no errands to take care of.


So, 7 more school days for me and then I am home. Home where I belong!!!!! 


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa,

    I see you and I are the only ones one this early Saturday morning!


    I agree!!! Even a lot of my homeschool friends here are soooo busy running their children to EVERYTHING all the time, day after day; I wonder when they have time to be Keepers of the Home, as in actually being IN the home. And I see their children with bags under their eyes from being sooo tired - that can't be fun. We stay home as much as possible - which is getting more & more with every passing year -but the few times we are out, we all get sooo exhausted and it takes us a couple of days to recoup. There's no place like home.

    Have a Blessed Weekend My Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home is best, for sure. I really don't know how women who work do it all. They can't really do it all, can they. My dh has wisely decided that we are going to give up co-op the next session. Even though I am home all but one day a week, it is too much right now. I don't feel like I have the time I need to work on the issue of the heart that are needing my attention. How can a mom who works 40 hours a week or who doesn't work, but sends her kids to school, keep on the attitudes of her children's hearts?

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete