Friday, November 16, 2007

Blogger Friend School Catch Up

PumpkinParty-1.jpg image by kaysmarmey


Pumpkin....Oh, I love just about pumpkin anything.


My favorite pumkin thing is pumpkin roll, here is the recipe.


Pumpkin Roll


3 eggs


2/3 cup pumpkin


1 cup sugar


1 tsp. lemon juice


1 tsp. ginger


1/2 tsp. nutmeg


2 tsp. cinnamon


3/4 cups self-rising flour


Beat eggs until thick and lemon colored. Add sugar to eggs a little at a time. Add pumpkin and the rest of ingredients. Grease sheet pan and put waxed paper in pan. Flour waxed paper. Pour in batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes in pan. Sprinkle a clean kitchen towel with powdered sugar. Turn cake onto towel (remove waxed paper) and roll cake and towel up until cooled. Fill with filling.


Filling


8 ounces cream cheese


1/2 tsp. vanilla


5 TBSP butter


1 1/4 cup powdered sugar


Beat all ingredients until creamy, unroll cake, spread on filling and re-roll cake and keep covered in fridge.


Galatians 6:10 "As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith."


Sharelaundry.jpg image by kaysmarmey


Laundry.....


I do the washing of the laundry and most of the folding. The blessings put their own laundry away and help with some folding. Dirty laundry is stored in the master bedroom and each blessing bedroom has a basket. I do about 2 loads of laundry and day and I do make my own laundry detergent. I love to hang laundry outside in the summer.


Personal dirty laundry.


I have learned over the past month many areas that our blessings need re-training and even some areas that need to be trained in. Thus pointing to my own weeknesses in my own heart and life. We all need some "laundry cleaned"around here.


Colossians 3:17 "And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him."  even laundry


 


 


BountifulBlessings.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


Part A:


3 Bountiful Blessings


1. The moose, our freezer is filled. That was  a huge blessing.


2. I was able to see my Grandfather before he passed away.


3. I have the priviledge of being a mom that is at home. It isn't a glorified, high paying job but it is what I love doing. Being here daily to be a part of the lives of the 3 blessings we have been given is such a joy. There are days that I am tired, weary and feel like a tape recorder but that is not every day.


I think that our blessings are so bountiful that I could not list just three, but keep going on for quite some time.


Part B


Our Thanksgivings


For  quite a few years now we have hosted Thanksgiving dinners in our home. I thoroughly enjoy the food of Thanksgiving so I enjoy cooking that meal. Our meal is potluck with guests bringing dishes to share, this year I am not even making the turkey, two are being brought (one will be smoked). There will be about 15-17 people around our table(s) and I will love every minute of it! I come from a large extended family on my Mom's side so our meals were always large like this one.


Malachi 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten caught up on these BFS posts yet, but I enjoyed reading yours today. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.


    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really am trying to stay off the computer for a few weeks, but I have been checking on Camilla and I saw your new avatar in the comments section! I had to come see you and tell you how pretty you are! I love to see the person that I am reading! I should post a pic of me since I feel that way, but I just haven't found one I am satisfied with! :) Anyway, just wanted to tell you that! Happy Thanksgiving! In Christ, Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for leaving a note on my blog by random.

    I would love to visit Alaska someday. I would really like to live there for at least a year to know what it's like in every season. I've always wanted to go there. I saw that it was 10 degrees today. My goodness, it was almost 80 here and we went for a hike today and got very hot and sweaty. I wish we could've had a little bit of that cold weather. I hope it's not too hard of a winter for you.

    I saw the note about your grandfather. I truly hope God blesses you and your family with peace during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pumpkin too. I make wonderful pumpkin muffins. Hm. Maybe I should get off the computer and go make some!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete