Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Blogger Friend School #10

 


CookieExchange.jpg image by kaysmarmey


It is good to be back on track with assignments!


My favorite cookie recipe is a good old fashioned cookie that I made for the first time with my step mom way back when.


A.


Jam Thumbprints


2/3 cup butter


1 1/2 cup all purpose flour


1/2 cup sugar


2 egg yolks


1 tsp. vanilla


2 slightly beaten egg whites


1 cup finely chopped walnuts


1/3 to 1/2 cup jam or preserves, your favorite


Oven 375 degrees.


Beat butter on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add about half of flour, sugar, egg yolks an vanilla. Beat till thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour. Cover and chill about 1 hour or easy to handle.


Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll balls in egg whites and then in nuts. Place 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet. Press centers with your thumb. Bake for 10-12 minutes or till edges are lightly browned. Cook on rack. Just before serving, fill centers with jam. Makes about 42 cookies.


B. We were not big cookie makers but I do remember making these cookies especially with my step mom. I enjoy a cookie that is not too sweet and this one is just right for me. I also love the Mexican wedding cakes, I think that is what they are called.  When I was much older my mom and I would make pumpkin roll and coconut sour cream cakes to give as gifts to neighbors and friends.


C.  Jeremiah 6:16 Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.


The tree is up and the lights are on but that is as far as we made it today. Hopefully, I will be back tomorrow with pictures. My download was interrupted by accident tonight.


May the Lord find us faithful.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll have to try these cookies. I haven't never made a jam cookie. Sounds great, thanks for sharing.


    Blessings,

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love jam thumbprints! Thanks for sharing this recipe, and reminding me to try it with my kids!

    Blessings,

    Ellie

    http://honeysucklehollow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll have to try your recipe this year. Sounds yummy. Nice memory. Great Scripture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried those cookies, but my grandma made the best mexican wedding cakes. Have a great day!


    Betsy

    http://thehomeschoolway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love you Christmas blog colors. God Bless!


    http://daddyschicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to try those jam thumbprints...I have never made those kinds (even though I have plenty of volunteers for the thumbprint part lol.) Thanks for sharing. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore cookies, any kind! This is a hard time of the year for me with self control and cookies! I feel like the Cookie Monster sometimes! (And we made peanut butter cookies today!)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound like fun. It seems you could get all kinds of flavors depending on the jam used.

    bethanyrae

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those jam thumbprints are one of my faves too!!

    ~Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love jam prints and this recipe is different than the one I use. I think we'll try these today! I also like cookies that aren't too sweet.

    Your blog looks so festive! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like jam thumb prints, but I've never made them before. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe!


    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete