Monday, November 12, 2007

A moose for our freezer!! Well, these are just his antlers...

the rest of him is going in our freezer. I am so thankful that my sweetheart got this moose. The first two pictures are just of my husband holding the antlers.....


Serious look


November2007009.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The true, happy, estatic "I shot this moose and filled the freezer" look.


November2007010.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This third picture is my favorite, he is showing the antlers to the blessings who are inside.


November2007011.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The best thing, right as my sweetheart walked into the house the phone rang and he answered it... it was our Pastor calling from Hawaii to give his Hawaiian hunting story, so they were able to swap hunting stories. The next couple of days will be filled with cutting and packaging meat. I will document our process and post it here for you all to see. I will keep it as blood free as possible. I am so thankful for a full freezer, or soon to be full freezer. It will be hard work but worth it in the end and it is saving us $$$ and it is healthy meat, talk about free range.


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that last picture! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that a moose was even a viable game animal. Wow...those antlers are huge! I don't envy the task you have over the next few days....it would do me in. And I'm dying to know...what does one hunt in Hawaii?!?

    ReplyDelete