Saturday, November 10, 2007

More than expected

Why is it that when we paint it takes:



  1. More time than we estimate and

  2. More paint than we estimate?


We woke up this morning and ate breakfast and headed to get paint. The paint is gone! Well, I have red paint but that does not help me in the dining room. I still need to give two walls a quick second coat to make sre the coverage is good. It would probably only take about 15 minutes, that is the tough part for me. I will stop tomorrow after church and purchase the said gallon of paint and possibly finish up tomorrow night after church. Then, Monday will be the hallway and entry. The kitchen will have to be Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons. I really want to be finished by Wednesday night. When I finish this post I will begin cleaning up the painting supplies and making the room look fairly normal and give the floor a mopping before starting baths and bedtime routines. I really like the look of the room, blessing #2 says it looks cozy. I have to agree, it looks warm and comforting.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Boy, you sure keep busy! I am not a painter. Thankfully, this house was painted when we move in. That gives me a couple years to get ready to paint! I do miss color on my walls. My old house was just the way I wanted it. White walls at this new house get pretty dirty really fast, too. At least it is not flat paint! I'd love to see pictures of your painting projects!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I managed to get by with using only 1 gallon in Ladybug's room - that never happens - but towards the end, I think I was brushing on only fumes. Hope you are sleeping and not still painting now (in the middle of the night). Can't wait to see pictures of your finished, cozy home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy painting, and I love the new blog look...very cozy, as well!

    ReplyDelete