Monday, November 19, 2007

Moose meat finale

I cannot sleep... I will finish this moose adventure and drink some sleepytime tea and head back to bed.


Let the wrapping begin. We place our moose in zip top freezer bags, squeeze out as much air as humanly possible and wrap that in freezer paper, label and freeze. The blessings get to help here with taping and labeling and errand running.


November2007025.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


November2007024.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


And the hip bone's connected to the .....


November2007028.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


I actually did a little meat cutting this go around, usually I just package. Look at us looking so serious, we are NOT serious people.


November2007033.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Wow, for a lady who just a few weeks ago had no pictures of herself on her blog, I am all over this thing now.


Enjoying the fruit meat of our labors, Moose burgers. We label those packages.... Mooger.


November2007029.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


November2007059.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


All finished, YAHOO!


November2007075.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That was one big moose. I could use a moose in my freezer this winter. It's pretty empty and will probably stay that way. I just never get ahead enough to fill it up.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely Love Levi's shirt in these pictures, good to see some orange around! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!


    Love, Jenny Grimes Waters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I have never had moose before : ) Last year I had to do all of the cutting with my dad when we butchered our cow because my husband was away but I much more prefer doing the packaging *grin* Enjoy your bounty!

    Blessings,

    BChsMamaof3

    ReplyDelete