Thursday, April 19, 2007

Not planning on daily changes

I know I have changed my template two days in a row. I just do not love any of the templates, I do not know enough to create something of my own and I am not going to pay for any thing, so bear with me as I figure things out. This template is called glacier, so I figure that is fitting for an Alaska blog. Speaking of Alaska, the avatar "moose" is a picture I took, this bull walked through our yard a couple of summers ago. Sorry he is a bit blurry but I am not the best at resizing those pictures. 


When walking the dog this evening, I noticed the willows blossoming more and more. Things are waking up here, we should be green real soon, I took a few pictures but it is getting late and we have another day of curriculum fair tomorrow.


We seem to only be attending the workshops of Jim Weiss. He is a great story teller, makes me want to read so much more, he has my son just mesmorized. The Blooms are also here, I sat in on a few minutes of one of her sessions but the blessings needed a change of scenery and to move about a bit.


I so desire to attend a real homechool conference at least once in my homeschool "career". The one here is sponsered by a  state run organization and therefore there is no talk of anything Christian and no Christian companies selling their curriculums, etc.   Some of the past speakers have been Christians and I have had some good talks with them at their tables (out of session). 


Enjoy your day and.....


May the Lord find us faithful.

5 comments:

  1. Hello! I stumbled across your blog this morning, and I'm so glad I did. What a blessing to read about your adventures in Alaska. By the way, love the moose! I will be visiting again real soon. Have a blessed day!


    In Christ,

    MiryClay

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue background is nice on your blog - you know more than I do about big changes in the template (someone else did mine). But I know what you mean about the blue bathroom - our daughters' bathroom is blue (but with horses instead of duckies) and it wears on me too (even though blue is my favorite color); but I have a quilt that my mom made as the decorative shower curtin and it's blue, so I'm kinda stuck with the color. lol


    Oh, I never thought about the fact that you might not have a good homeschool conference in AL, I suppose it would be harder to get speakers. Do you have many Christian homeschoolers up there that you can tell? MN has great conferences, with about 10,000 in attendance - but I'm guessing FL has the best conferences - I wonder why? lol Maybe you should start a Christian Homeschool Association up there in your spare time. LOL

    Have a Super Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I like your hangman. I just played and learned a new word, but not sure when I will use "Labernum" ever again. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely love your new bathroom colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give up on signing in. I get things done faster when I don't. lol. Maybe HSB doesn't like me? lol.

    I love your blog changes. Lots to do! Where did you find all those neat "toys"? I also love the story behind your Avitar. I was afraid that you were going to say that you ate him for dinner though!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete