Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Half way there

We are half way there, I came home today to do some laundry while my son is testing. So, this will be quick.


What are your plans for Resurrection Sunday? We will go to church as usual then have a larger than usual lunch with some guests this Sunday. Then, visit and clean up the kitchen and back to church for the evening service. We will go through the Resurrection eggs with the blessings on Friday or Saturday.  We do not do Easter baskets or bunnies, do not fear my blessings have been eating the candy and they get plenty of it, I just have a tough time with "Jesus died on the cross for your sins, was buried and rose again, Happy Easter, here is your basket full of gifts." Jesus dying on the cross was their gift and I think we should focus on that. As for eggs, I save them for when my mom comes. She comes up every year and no matter when she comes they color eggs. That is just something my mom enjoys so I save it for her. My disclaimer: I got an Easter basket every year of my life until the year I got married.


Maybe I will make up spring planting baskets for my blessings in a couple of weeks with gardening tools and seeds, and some really cool rock looking candy they sell at a speciality store here, that sounds really good, thanks for helping me figure that one out! Ya'll are so great!


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, your so welcome, it was so easy I felt like I was doing nothing to help you figure it out! :) At least you weren't taken by aliens like Jenn while doing the laundry!!!! We are going to my mom's this Sunday, usually we have an egg hunt with my brother's family, but they won't be able to make it this year. :( They have some nasty bronchial stuff going through their family and their oldest daughter just came down with it today and the doctor said she couldn't be around anyone this weekend. So we are saving the egg hunt for next weekend. Hopefully everyone will be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo your sentiments about Easter. I think Easter gets crowded out by the Easter bunny, perhaps more than Christmas gets crowded out by Santa. I've been reflecting about how to take a personal stand against this state of our culture (even Christian culture!)


    My mom has a set of resurrection eggs, but I haven't bought one. I was just reading last night about some online directions for making your own resurrection eggs. So if friendss want to join you in your resurrection egg tradition, they can read the directions I researched at www.mommysecrets.blogspot.com.


    Happy Easter! :)

    ReplyDelete