Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Why do I need to go to bed earlier?

I could allow myself to stay up late every night and sleep in until the blessings wake in the morning, but I do not want to. Why do I need to go to bed earlier? I think it is important to rise early in the morning, now I have tried getting up with my sweetheart at 4:45am and after a few months he told me to stay in bed. I am just not awake yet, and their was no quality to our time. Then, by 10:00am I was exhausted, I would be falling asleep listening to blessing #1 read. Also, by waking earlier than the blessings I can have time to take a shower and be ready for my day and have time to spend with the Lord before my day gets busy. I also can have some me time. So, as I journey to learn to go to sleep earlier I will keep you all posted. It is a difficult thing for me to do. I could easily go to bed at 8:00pm but if I stay up until 10:00pm I am wide awake and just lay there.  So, tonight I am heading off to bed at 10:00pm and will allow my self a little reading time and plan to have the lights out by 10:30.  I should be ready to go to sleep then as I was up late last night.


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I am working on being more disciplined, myself. It is not the easiest thing to do! All I can do is just keep trying and not give up when I am not perfectly doing what I know and want to do! This summer I let myself get out of all my good habits. Now I am paying for it!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete