Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Color

As I look out the window this morning, I am reminded that fall is in the air. A little yellow is beginning to fill the landscape, the fireweed has "gone to seed" and today is a grey morning. Am I sad? A little but not really. I will miss hanging the laundry on the line and checking on the garden while I am out there. I will miss the kids running in and out and spending their days outside riding bikes, jumping on the trampoline, playing in the sand box and all the other various activities that have filled their summer days. I will miss going out to cut fresh lettuce for a salad.But, I do look forward to snuggling on the couch reading a good book together with a warm fire in the wood stove, spending more time "together" inside will be fun (if I ever am able to conquer Mt. Homeschool that has come out of the homeschool closet and all over the kitchen and dining room), and just plain enjoy the slower time that winter brings to us here.  I am looking forward to putting  new meat in the freezer to get it completely filled, we have more fish in there than meat, but that should change here soon. But never fear, it isn't happening yet, it can't, I have three zucchini out there that have to get a little bigger before the first frost!


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to the rest that the winter brings too. We have been overly blessed with an abundance of tomatoes, zucchinis, greenbeans, peppers, and cucumbers this year. I'm exhausted from all of the canning. I do hate the cold weather that accompanies winter though. ;o)


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there - I love the way you write about things up there. Hard to believe fall and winter are around the corner, but I too enjoy the change of seasons. It is so cozy in a lot of ways and I do get so much more done as far as schooling and such things when we can't do much outside. Anyways, thanks for the nice comment on my blog - I appreciate it!


    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so looking forward to cooler weather. Unfortunately, none is on its way. Your post was very poetic!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete