Monday, August 27, 2007

Ice cream, finally

We use Apologia elementary science, Astronomy. We (I) got stuck when one of the assignments was to make ice cream. I needed to get rock salt, bought it and we just never got around to the actual making of the ice cream....until tonight! What a way to end the first day of school. And we can finally finish the last two chapters of that book and I can order the next book. Blessing #1 has requested Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day, I was hoping he would chose Botany!, we are doing that starting in the summer next year. I get to choose then. We did take pictures with a disposable camera so I will post when the owner of that said camera #2 finishes it out.


I must run, I am doing a quick color wash faux painting technique while the kitchen is ripped apart. Tomorrow I will clean the cabinets and put things back on the counters and move the stove back into place.


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. "I Scream You Scream, We All Scream For Icecream". ;o) Glad you had a good first day back.


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're doing Flying Creatures too! It looks like it's going to be so much fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Homemade icecream is a lot of fun to make and a great first day project!!! I need to keep that in mind.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete