Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My original title was "Quick hello", this was not quick!!!!

Greetings from the cool North! Sorry about that heat ya'll. We had a few "hot days" last weekend but we have definitely cooled down this week.


A quick Alaska update:


1. Check sun rise and set weather underground sticker on the right sidebar to see how much possible day light we have right now. It is probably fairly much the same as what most of you in the lower 48 have in the summer. Yes, we are finally getting dark at night. I am not sure but I think it is getting dark somewhere around 10:00pm. Could be a little earlier or a little later. Okay, I checked, and it  9:44pm, not too bad for a guess. I actually had to drive in the dark for the first time since probably April or May when I took my mom to the airport, that was wierd.


2. We do get quite hot in the summer here in the interior. I have seen it 90 degrees before. (90 is rare but it can happen) We ususally end up being somewhere between 70-80 degrees and that is just perfect. We are now beginning to experience "fall" weather here. As I mentioned yesterday it has been overcast for a couple of days and we are getting color on the trees. All that said, it means nothing, we could be warmer again tomorrow. Who knows? Then again, it is August 22nd, we have had a really nice and fairly warm August.


So, I just say......


"Here moosey, moosey, come hop in my freezer" or maybe he will sheep hunt first so I had better add "Here sheepy, sheepy, come hop in my freezer" By the way, sheep tastes better than almost any other meat I have ever had.


Also I am counting down until October 3rd, I will be able to purchase a camera on that date!!!!


One last thing, one portion of our kitchen counter has been re-tiled. My sweetheart grouted last night while I was at Bible Study. I have to give it a good cleaning and tomorrow night I can seal the grout! Then I can clean off my other kitchen counters, it is cluttered over there right now!


I will not even mention the piles, many many piles of homeschool and miscellaneous "stuff" that I have spread all over the kitchen an dining room.................


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. I've never eaten moose or sheep. My dad hunts deer, so I have eaten deer. Happy hunting to your dh. It is suppose to be 98* here in IN today with 78% humidity. Doesn't make for a good hair day! FRIZZ head is more like it! LOL


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete