Thursday, March 1, 2007

Practice tests and why Marmey

Blessing #2 is feeling sick today so I am taking this opportunity to have blessing #1 do practice tests for the "dreaded by Mom" tests coming in April. BUT, so far so good. He has faired well so I am pleased, with the results so far. I had to stop looking over his shoulder and let him go to see how he will do independently. I do keep checking pages after he finishes them as he has only missed a couple with Math so I can handle a couple.


I have never told my Marmey story. I know it is spelled differently than the Marmee spelling. Here is how I became a Marmey. In 1999, my best friend from high school moved to Alaska(her husband is in the Air Force and they got stationed just 12 miles down the road!!!) We were all excited as we had only seen each other a few times since we had graduated from high school. At that time her daughter was only 7 1/2(which amazes me, she is now 15). I only had a one year old, and very few movies. They had just moved here and did not have their stuff yet. The only movie I had at the time was Little Women, the one with Winona Ryder. So we watched that many times. She had asked me when they got here what she should call me as she didn't want to just call me Mrs. Melissa. One day while we were watching the movie, I suggested Marmey and it stuck. She calls me Marmey, her Dad calls me Marmey and most of the time,  her mom calls me Marmey. Her friends from here even call me Marmey. My blessings still call me Mom, but K calls me Marmey!!!  And my blessings call my friend Pa-Pa! By the way Pa-Pa, what do you want for your birthday, email me a few suggestions!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marmey, Pa-pa would like to have her kids visit her for her b-day!!!!! I will e-mail you later. I love you and all the blessings. They are also blessings to Pa-Pa.

    ReplyDelete