Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Finally up early!!!!!

For those of you who have been readers of my little journal here for a while, you may remember my struggle to get up earlier than the blessings? Well, for this one day, I made it!!! I could not go back to sleep after my husband kissed me goodbye. I do not get up with him but his lunch is made and waiting on him. He is not being neglected. So, I tried to go back to sleep but could not, so I got up and started my day. I have showered, swished and swiped my bathroom, made my bed, read my Bible and prayed, and now I am checking email and posting this!!  Double smiles as I am overjoyed at this. I would love to do this every day, so I will see how tomorrow goes.


 I have been reading Louisa May Alcott books for the past month or so. I am finally reading Little Women and loving it. It has taken me many years to be able to read this book, I have tried many times when I was younger, I think my mind was so filled with TV that I could not focus on good books when I was younger. That aside, one of the things I like about her books is that she gently leads the reader to other books. It is subtle but it is there. The major book so far in the first 150 something pages I have read, she repeatedly mentions Pilgrim's Progress. Another thing I have noticed in this book is the character qualities that are being taught. Jo has an anger problem. Marmee shares with her that she too has the same problem. Jo learns how Marmee has learned not to respond in anger and how she controls her tongue. Children today are not being taught this. These books often sit on the shelf unread in return children are reading books that teach them little or nothing. What valuable lessons are sitting on the shelves unlearned when our society is spewing off at the mouth whatever they think regardless of others.


I will post a quote later giving the section of the book that deals with this. I do not want to walk through the squeaky hallway again until the blessings wake up for the day.


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. I was raised on TV too. Maybe that is my problem with good books. I don't want my children to suffer the same fate.... Good reminder. Thanks. Oh, and I will pray that you are able to get up before the blessings more and more. That makes all the difference in my day...

    Jenn

    PS thanks for the well wishes. I think I am going to have this cold for awhile

    ReplyDelete