Monday, March 19, 2007

How we chose the names

Jenn4Him has asked bloggers to give the process used to name our children, so here goes ours:


FIrst, we did not find out before any of our blessings were born if we were to have boys or girls.


The first, Levi Aaron, was named by my husband. One night he was reading his Bible and said what about Levi, I said I did not like it, BUT it grew on me. Then he chose Aaron. I just agreed and there we had our Biblically named boy.


The second, a girl. I always knew that when I had a girl her name would have Dora somewhere, Dora was my great grandmother's name and I just loved my great granny. Elisabeth was the only name that we found that fit for us with Dora, so we have an Elisabeth Dora.


Third, this one was tough as the second and third were only 15 months apart. But we searched. We knew that a boy would be named Benjamin James(husband's choice again), but we were at a loss for a girl's name. So, I began reading the Name dictionary in my Scofield Bible, writing names on a sticky note and just working on a running list. I finally narrowed it down to 4 names, Julia, Judith, Debra and Leah, I only liked the first two but really wanted Julia. I gave the list to my husband and he chose Judith. Her middle name is Rae and that is from my forever friend Pa-Pa's middle name. Who lived here the time and was in the delivery room for both girls. I had thought this could be the middle name but waited to see what we were blessed with at the hospital. We actually thought this one was a boy by the way the whole pregnancy went.


So there you have it
Levi Aaron       Elisabeth Dora        and      Judith Rae


That is the only time you will see their names on my blog!


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. Isn't it neat how names are "born." Thank you for thinking my idea was worthy of a post.

    Have a blessed day. (I see it is a bit cold this morning.)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Their names fit each of them to a tee. Thanks to Otis I have a new outlook on the name Judith.

    ReplyDelete