Friday, March 16, 2007

Glad she wrote what I thought and believed to be true

http://www.jeanniefulbright.com/time_spent_schooling.html


This article is a must read. I have said this for years, especially when my blessings are kindergarten age. I know, I worked in kindergarten public school classrooms. What I am NOT saying is be lazy, but keep the lessons short! We are teaching our blessings one on one or in small groups at least. I also think they get more from less time, but we also know when they get it. We have the blessing of being able to assess daily whether we know we are doing it or not.


All that said, I have had a different kind of school year this year in preparing blessing # 1 for standardized testing. I allowed myself to feel as though he was "behind". You know what I have learned this year, he is not behind, he is doing just fine. He has taken the practice test, he did not make 100% but he is doing well. So, now that I know that I am going back to doing what I know in my heart is best and stop doing some of the things that I have been doing for the "test".


We finished our lapbooks for Climbing Kansas Mountains and I will put the camera batteries to charge when I finish this post and try to post them this afternoon (for me), evening for those in the lower 48. But remember, we are "beginning lapbookers".


One last note, my husband and I had to go take something to our Pastor last night, so we got to visit with him for a few minutes(he is no longer contagious), he is doing so much better and even though he has a long road ahead of him. He sounds and looks better than he has in a while. We are very thankful.


May the Lord find us faithful.

No comments:

Post a Comment