Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Thinking

I know, I know these posts get interesting when I start thinking...
Tonight as I was driving to Levi's baseball game I got to thinking, we have had rain all day and it actually rained up until thirty minutes before the game and it was very cool due to rain and cloud cover all day. As I type this the temperature is 57 degrees. BRRRR! Well, it is when you are sitting outside watching a baseball game. Here in Alaska, things are very rarely cancelled, I mean rarely. Things just go on rain, snow, or 40 below, I could be wrong but I think the only reason they would cancel a game would be lightning. The lady that was there in a tank top and shorts just about froze me to death, seriously, check the weather before getting dressed.
On that note, we keep jackets and blankets in the van even in summer, we just change them out from our winter gear to rain jackets and fleece jackets (preferably with hoods). 
Now you know what I am thinking.

5 comments:

  1. We've got friends up for their 25th anniversary, I'm hoping the sun comes out for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would think living up there you would need jackets handy. But I have lots of friends here that say watching their children's baseball games is always a cold thing. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by from the Lumberjack's wife... :-) I had to when I saw that you were from AK. I'm an outdoor girl from WA, and I cannot wait to at least visit, and maybe live in AK someday.

    We keep fleece blankets, jackets hats and gloves in the car year round here too, we don't need them around town in the summer, but we spend SO much time at high elevations in the mountains that we use them year round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! So tell me, how can you sit outside when it's 40 degrees below zero? I don't think I could do that regardless of how many coats and blankets that I had on my body.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankfully base ball season isn't during 40 below. We do not sit outside at those frigid temps. If one has to be outside at 40 below one keeps moving! It is 64 above and sunny today!

    ReplyDelete