Thursday, June 2, 2011

Calzone Rolls

A couple of years ago I came across this recipe for calzone rolls. Like cinnamon rolls but pizza! They were a hit and surprisingly easy to make. Of course, I had to change things up so I am linking to the original recipe and posting my own dough recipe, which I also use for our pizza.
2 1/2 cups warm water
2 TBSP instant yeast
4 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
2 tsp. dry milk
3 TBSP sugar
2 tsp salt
2 TBSP white vinegar
1/4 c. gluten, optional
Then I add whatever pizza toppings I have on hand. I can honestly say that I do not even refer to the recipe any more. I just keep the sauce to the 1/3 cup amount and I have sauce for dipping if anyone wants. I also use fresh mozzarella cheese and a 4 cheese Italian blend cheese that I get at Sam’s.

5 comments:

  1. We love pizza in any way, shape, or form! I make it once a week. I try to, at least. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa,

    Are you "recipe happy" these days? I LOVE it! :)

    I'm going to try these too. I'm going to be making regular pizza tonight for dinner. Next time, I'll try this recipe for a "different spin" on pizza. :)

    -L. Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that! I will have to try them. We have pizza ingredients we need to use up before the movers come next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like making homemade pizza. Which reminds me, I should make some tomorrow for dinner. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Rose,
    I actually posted this one since a friend requested it and well, this was just an easy way to get it out there for her. But yes, lots of cooking gone on these days and some time to post recipes since it is summer.

    ReplyDelete