Saturday, June 4, 2011

I haven’t been taking pictures but I have been cooking

We have had a cooler, cloudy week so I have been cooking and baking.
I found a new bread recipe that makes six loaves.
Today, Judith and I are prepping for Sunday lunch. I like to have as much prepared before hand. Tomorrow we are having kabobs with moose tenderloin, baked potatoes and corn on the cob.
Strawberry Shortcake is for dessert. I made this whole wheat shortcake recipe, we have had it before and it is surprisingly yummy and fluffy.
I make the meat kabobs separate from the vegetable kabobs. The meat kabobs are marinating in the fridge and Judith is finishing up the veggie kabobs. Judith washed the potatoes and they are on the counter waiting for the oven in the morning. The shortcake is cooling on the counter and the dishwasher is washing the dinner dishes. Once Judith finishes her kabobs, I will clean up the kitchen one last time for the night and start ironing clothes for Sunday.

5 comments:

  1. Good for you Melissa...a good reminder to me that I could be doing that too since we usually don't get out of church until 12 noon and home around 12:15. The kabobs sounds delicious! We are planning on going to Perkins after church today, so perhaps if I start now...I'll be ready for next Sunday, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds busy but good. I'll have to look at that shortcake recipe. I don't think I've ever heard of a wheat shortcake. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I have to ask a dumb "lower 48" question...do you do anything different to prep moose meat? I know with venison, I can't stand to eat it unless I first soak it in buttermilk. We are determined to eat like Alaskans (you may have to teach us) when we get up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do not know how to deal with beef, I have cooked moose for almost 18 years and never really messed with beef before that. I did marinate the kabobs in an A1/worcestershire sauce overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, if I could get myself that organized before Sunday, my husband, not to mention my family, would probably fall over in a stupor! :-) Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete