Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Super Summer

I think I am having one of the best summers that I have had in many years. We have been busy with many social outings and hosting others in our home. Our summer has been full of kitchen time with friends old and new and boy, I am having a great time. Yesterday, a friend came over and we made doughnuts, yes, two weeks in a row but hey, it is summer and I had to share the doughnut making that someone shared with me. And we are not keeping all the doughnuts at home for ourselves, I think I have only eaten one doughnut each time we have made them?
I have grain in the mill right now and I am making bread this morning and then another friend is coming over and we are going to make cookie dough for the freezer.
Of course recipes are here:
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
1/2 cup evaporated cane crystals(or white sugar)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 egggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
3 1/4 cups flour(I use whole wheat pastry flour)
12 oz. chocolate chips

Blend butter, sugar, eggs salt and baking soda and medium until fluffy. Add flour and blend well. Add chips to combine. Make golf ball sized balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees about 8-10 minutes. 

The new to me recipe I am planning on trying is this one: whole wheat chocolate chip oatmeal cookies

Stocking the freezer today! Yahoo! and shrimp for dinner to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment