Tuesday, May 29, 2007

What a busyw two weeks we have before us

I am a little overwhelmed!!! This past weekend was spent with my husband working on his truck Thursday and Friday, putting in a new starter, transmission, and two new batteries. Then on Monday, he had to replace the alternator (under warrenty, so that did not add to the very expensive work done the previous days). Then Sunday we began a week long revival at church, then on Friday we have grandparents coming for a week (which we will spend traveling around Alaska with them). Whew, my to do list is long. Then, I go over to check in on my friend PlainJane, I should not have done that, she has this wonderful schedule posted(trial, at least that is reassuring), she gets up at 4:30!! I now think she is the greatest. One of my goals is to get up earlier, but I have a tough time waking up in the morning, no matter what time I go to bed, no joke, I can go to be at 9:00 and still have a tough time waking up at 8:00 the next morning. Also, in summer we go to bed much later as we have all this daylight and things to do as well. And, I have a rough time with the blessings going to be early when they have only seen dad a couple of hours, so we stay up later in the summer and sleep a litte later in the summer as well. Which makes sense to a degree.


My posting will be hit or miss for a while, but I will post it all when I can, enjoy your summer! We had cooler weather and it rained all day yesterday(that is a praise, we really want to avoid a smokey summer!)


May the Lord find us faithful.

3 comments:

  1. you posting about my post, while I was reading your posts and commenting. Great minds think alike. lol.

    I've always been an early riser and get up to send my dh off to work - but whatever works for your schedule I think is right. I'd be up later too if my dh didn't come home till late, but as it is, I go brain dead by 9:30 p.m.. Have a great/busy week!!! Thanks for mentioning me in your post - I am sooo honored.


    ps - It's 1:45 p.m. here now and so far my schedule is working great - except I have to allow more time for Math (dvd's take longer). Else the girls are loving all this and I am loving getting all this stuff done. ttfn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will certainly remember to pray for you this week!!! I hope you have a good visit with your mom too. Where does she live?


    One thing you had commented on in a past post -- about the mosquitos. They kid here that the mosquito is the MN state bird, we have a lot of them, but then I had talked with friends who had went to Alaska to visit their Peace Corp daughter and found out what mosquitos are REALLY like. I guess you have them bad up there, ha? That would drive me nuts. You have my deepest sympathy. :)


    We have never done school year round, but this year I wanted the girls to keep fresh in their math, so we are doing a little of that, Ladybug in particular needs extra work on her multiplication tables. And with history, we just have sooooo much great/fun stuff that I wanted to keep at it. We do history chronologically and started American history this past fall, but I went back to a little reformation leading up to the discovery of America and we only got midway into the Pilgrims by the end of the year. lol Too much great stuff - I'll be lucky if I get through Colonial Days by fall. lol My dh & I love history! At the rate we are going, I should be done with American History by the time the girls are in their 30's.

    Have a good evening! Get some rest. I don't know how well I would do with daylight so long and then darkness so long. MN winter days are short enough. I kinda really like the longer days in the summer here since I'm not a night person - except when there is more daylight, the horses think I need to be right at the barn at sun up to feed them. This morning Annie was nickering at 4:55 a.m. for me.


    Bye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will probably spend less time on the computer this summer, too. There is too much to do. And you especially need to be outdoors when it is possible with your brisk (smile) winters!

    Be blessed,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete