Monday, May 14, 2007

Monday

I will one swinging girl this summer.......


I am giving up this,


May2007048.jpg


For this........


May2007084.jpg


My wonderful husband bought me this swing for Mother's Day. I am thrilled. I have always loved porch swings but since I do not have a porch, that was not "doable". Then, it dawned on me that I could get one of these. I sat out here after it was together and read a few chapters of  Sense and Sensibility.


May2007042.jpg Everyone helped with the assembly, the dog even watched.


May2007082.jpgThe wooden structures are two entry platforms and stair bases. My husband came home with them, some one was clearing out some stuff, he thinks they might work for a new front entrance at our church, so they are in a holding pattern in our yard until there is  decision.


The dog is trying to get her training dummy, used to train retrievers to fetch, etc. Which this this thing. May2007083.jpgShe obviously wanted to fetch and was not wanting to wait until the swing was assembled.


May2007050.jpg


My iris are coming up, we still have not greened up, plus it rained all weekend and it was windy as well. Today was sunny and warm but windy as could be, which is unusual for here. I said "global winding" as you can see here with the laundry on the clothes line, very windy.


May2007043.jpg


I am very thankful for my clothes line, it is my first real clothes line and I love it, I can hang a few loads out on the line at one time. I love line dried clothes.


May the Lord find us faithul.


 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Otis has been busy on that list....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted a swing like yours, but where we used to live was so windy that my neighbors lost one, so we didn't get around to buying one. Now, the money is tight and a swing is not really something I should be spending it on. Perhaps one day. Right now the Lord has given me a sunroom to love!

    I am so happy for you!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Yes, I think the global warming people should have a summit at your house our ours and see how long they believe in their theory. I was just pouting this morning - we just got home from FL last night. It was 37 here this morning and we hope to reach 70 degrees today. In FL, we woke up to 70 degrees and got up to 85 - 100+. I'm freezing now. lol. Come to my blog and enjoy some warm weather.

    Have a nice day!!!

    -jane


    Lovely lawn swing. I saw a similar one (with longing eyes) at Walmart recently. Yours looks great. Now we need a photo of you lounging on it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just looking at their site last night. How much of it do you use? I think it could work for us. I've been spoiled in the past and just ordered whatever I wanted and my husband always supported my spending! But now we are serious about getting debt free and can't be big spenders! I am glad to know I am not alone in being a frugal homeschooler.

    Thanks for the comment.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete