Thursday, May 17, 2007

Around

Things here are well. I have spent a couple of afternoons sitting on my swing, I will post a picture of me swinging when someone takes one! First, I have to do my outside cleaning (clearing) and decorating ( flowers etc.) Then a picture will be available for viewing.


Sense and Sensibility (Oxford World's Classics)


Now, I just finished reading Sense and Sensibility, which I enjoyed greatly. BUT, I have been reading through Louisa M. Alcott books and just started Jo's Boys just a couple of days ago. Jo's Boys (Bantam Classics)There is so much to glean from an Alcott book that it amazes me. It constantly gets me thinking and urges me to read other good books that she often mentions in her books. I plan on going back through little women and listing all those books for my own reference, a great jumping off place in my own study. Also, I felt the same way when I read her Rose series (Eight Cousins and Rose in Bloom). She also gives wonderful glimpses into the every day lives of that day. The everyday things they did and that had to be done. Forgive me for my excitement as I am reading these books for the first time and as Anne Shirley would say (Oh, what I missed). So now I am catching up!!!!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

6 comments:

  1. HI there! I love reading your blogs. I look forward to being married and homeschooling my own children one day. It will be fun to home school on the mission field! Thanks for sharing your life, and for the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come take your picture. Get everything ready. Maybe Friday night if the men go bear hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children read the great Illustrated Classic Books versions,

    I have not, but watched both movies.

    They were great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post made me smile. And thank you again for the messages. I am quite encouraged. Why didn't I pay attention enough to know our kids were in the exact same grades next year? Even my baby is an older K with his October birthday!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted a book that your daughter might enjoy.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that Alcott books are so good! I remember reading Eight Cousins in Middle school and knowing that I wanted to have 8 children! Oh well, maybe if I had started before age 28! :)


    Looking forward to seeing more of Alaska in the spring via your swing! :)


    In Him, Eva

    ReplyDelete