Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mosquitoes

I had a question about the mosquitoes so I will answer about them here. Sometimes they are not so bad and some times they are horrible and vicious. Mostly when it is hot they are not too bad, when it is windy they leave us alone as well. You just learn to live with them. They are the worst in remote outdoors, like when camping in a remote location, especially around a lake or pond, they are horrible!!!! Alaska.com mentions a blurb about mosquitoes and you can also read about mosquitoes here as well. Mosquitoes are joked with being our state bird, not really our state bird is the willow ptarmigan. This year has not been a bad mosquito year so far, but then again, I had three bites on my arm this past week, they are finallly healing! Well, I am calling it a night early tonight, I want to have a productive day tomorrow, Mt. Washmore is overtaking the laundry area and I did not have a lot of laundry time today. Tomorrow I will be home and I only have one errand to run quickly before the revival service tomorrow night. Yeah and yahoo for being home all day! I love being home.


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yikes! We've all heard stories about those Alaskan mosquitoes. Try to keep from getting bit.


    www.TheHomeschoolMagazine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our kids are getting bitten being out in the backyard so much these days. Trevor looks like Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer with a bite on the end of his nose! I didn't know that mosquitoes were a problem for you too. Too, bad. There is no where to hide!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that was one nice thing about the extreme heat last summer - no mosquitoes! They were bad last night with the rain though and we did barn chores as fast as we could. Although I don't like to, I sometimes resort to using deet when I'm desparate - on rare occassions. (So I guess we have the same state bird :)). Glad to hear you went to bed early.

    ReplyDelete
  4. eclecticeducationJune 3, 2007 at 4:10 PM

    I hate mosquitoes, unfortunately, they love me!!! Too bad you can't get away from the things even in Alaska! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete