Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Books and freezer meals

The Big Green Pocketbook By Candice F. Ransom Illustrated by Felicia Bond                                        Sarah, Plain and Tall By Patricia MacLachlan                       Farmer Boy


One good picture book and a great chapter book. Books like Sarah, Plain and Tall are my kinds of books, I have always liked books about people and places and things that really could happen. I have never been one to enjoy fantasy or science fiction. I like real books, and real places. I like to come away from a book challenged with the knowledge of how a place and time was and how it felt to work with your hands. And if anyone has ever raised a milk fed pumpkin, I would love to know how. I have researched it online and have not found specific instructions yet.


Also, if anyone has done the freezer meals thing, I would like to have some hints. I would like to have a few meals in the freezer for days when things go unexpectedly , etc.


Thanks,


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. I went to a class on how to cook in one day for a month and a few of my friends formed groups and really had a big success, but I never succeeded! What I did find that was very helpful to me was to,on occasion,double a favorite recipe and put the extra away in the freezer. If you do this enough times, your freezer will be full! I know the library has good books on how to freeze meals too. That's all the help I can be. I am sure lots of others have much more info to share!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey..I love reading your blogs...I can't wait to find out more on the FIAR....sounds good to me!


    As for meals, I hear ya! Wish I was better at freezing meals myself...the only two we do regularly is vegetable soup and chili beans.

    The chili beans is so easy...use a pack of Chil O mix seasoning and follow that recipe (one can diced tomoatoes, can pinto beans, and water I think it is)....we add more water to make it a bit more "soupy" and then eat with grated cheese, sour cream, and chopped green onions! Yum and heartburn! HA! But, it does freeze well.


    Love ya!

    LAM

    ReplyDelete