Monday, February 19, 2007

Dear Jenn4him, how do I cope?

To understand this post read the previous post's comments


Dear Jenn4him,


I have lived here for 12 1/2 years so I cope fairly well. Believe it or not nothing shuts down here for -31, for that matter nothing closes for -45(or colder)!!! The only reason they call off school here is if it warms up to like 35-40 above and we have ice(that is rare!). Things here keep going just about no matter what. But the blessing for me? I am at home so I can choose to go out or stay in, I usually stay in when it is -30ish or colder. Also, we are gaining sunlight hours and generally it will warm up as the day wears on, as when I am writing this it is -28, warmed up 3 degrees since the comment was posted. So, it isn't that bad. It actually is all how you look at it. I enjoy the times that we stay in and warm by the fire of the woodstove.


I will venture out to piano this afternoon, BUT my husband is off from work today (federal holiday) so he is around, actually, get this.... he and our son are going ice fishing this afternoon!!!  Also, Jenn, I have enjoyed reading your blog!!! Thank  you for the comment, I enjoy answering questions about Alaska. Also, here is a link to some weather cams around the state. Enjoy! weather cams


In Christ's love,    kaysmarmey


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your detailed answer. I love Alaska. I went one time back before I met my husband on a mission trip, sort of. We went to paint and fix up a college in Sitka. I know it is not deep into Alaska, but it was enough for me to catch the Alaska bug. I could see God's glory in the gorgeous mountains. Oh, I'd love to go back one day and show my children. Two more questions. Do you have to hook your cars up to something to get them to start in such cold weather? And what is the high temperature in the summer. I'd love to know everything about living in Alaska, so I hope you don't mind more questions.

    Thank you.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Jenn4Him's blog. I love all the info about Alaska. I checked out the weather cam link. That was very fun! Trainingheart's daughters want to know more about Alaska. I think I just hit a jackpot of info for them - I'll send them your way!


    I had never heard of Snowflake Bentley - checked that site out as well. I can't wait to pass on that information!


    And....my next stop after your blog is my library's website to see if they have the book "All Those Secrets of the World". We head to the library tomorrow so I'm really hoping they have it!

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete