Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Getting it together

Well, I did make some progress today. I did not listen to that voice in my head that was the couch calling my name!! I got out my homekeeping journal, which is a cross between this and a control journal. I am really trying to finally get in personalized for our home.


So.....I got up and picked up the journal did some things. First, the dining room is probably the most used room in our house right now. We eat here three meals a day, we school in here and the computer is also here. So, it is often the messiest room in the house as well.


 So, my  "duh" moment, each child has daily chores and each one has a room to swiffer each day. Well, instead of me working like crazy and doing it all my self to clean each room for a good cleaning or zone cleaning. Each child can help we work through the cleaning list for that room. I get help, they learn to clean well, and we spent time together. Plus, we have a list to work from and they can choose which jobs they want to work on, and we use the timer for 15 minutes.


So, we will go to bed with things a little better than they were this afternoon. And tomorrow we will continue on!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. It's wonderful when you have a plan and the energy to follow through! I am a Flybaby and I try to keep up with everything, but find myself struggling at times to keep energized and motivated. Keep up the good work.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete