Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Continuing on with Alaska

Let's see what I can tell you about Alaska......


This is an interesting place to live. I wonder if I could adjust to living in the lower 48 again. We have a relaxed life here. That is slowly changing though.


One thing that bothers me is that people here usually run late ALOT!!! We don't and it bugs me.


Alaska is huge! We live in the interior of Alaska, so you would probably get a different perspective from some one who lives in Southeast or Southcentral!   Here is some general info on Alaska for your reading.


Here in the interior, we have only had a Wal-Mart since 2004. We actually have a Barnes and Noble now also!!


We do  not  have six months of light and six months of dark here either. We have very few hours of possible daylight in December and Jan. but now we have a full day of sunlight. We will gain daily until June 21or 22 when we slowly start losing again until December.


I am drinking my first successful mug of hot tea, if you know me you know this is a huge thing for me. I am a southern sweet tea drinker(I am originally from Kentucky). BUT, I feel as though it would be enjoyable to sip hot tea and read a book. So, as I blog today I am sipping a cup of lemon zinger with turbinaro(I am not getting up to make sure I spelled that correctly) sugar. So far, so good!!! Some day I may attempt Yerba Mate as some of my friends do.  But for now, I will stick with Celestial Seasonings!!


I read a really great devotional today in My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers, for today's date. It was about daydreaming. It really put things in perspective, especially for us women who think things should be very Cinderella like and reality is they aren't.  Just a thought to ponder....


Wow, I have gone from topic to topic to topic.....Oh, well.........Ya'll have a great day!!!!


Since I do not have a FIAR book going this week, I will add two of my favorites from the past ......


Cover Image                             
Cover Image

These two books are two of my favorites from Five in a Row.


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your experiences in Alaska. I'm not sure if I could cope with living it, but it's facinating to learn about. I bet it's beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I SO much enjoyed Snowflake Bentley and All Those Secrets of the World. I will now order these other two, from my library, to read to my four year old.

    ReplyDelete