Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Oh yeah!! What we eat!!

I am so glad Jenn is curious about Alaska. I mean to post my menus but I forget to do it regularly.  Yes, we do eat moose. It is very good. We, well not actually me but my sweetheart,hunt for our moose (just like deer in other parts of the US). My husband is a hunter, he loves to hunt!! Moose is lean meat, so it isn't marbled and fatty like beef.  We also process our own moose (occassionally we have some ground into burger at the processors(we call it mooger). But when it is a small amount we grind our own using our kitchen aid and the food grinder attachment. And it is a family affair. Sweetie cuts (he does this well), I bag and the kids help wrap and label the packages! 


We also eat dall sheep (yummy), halibut(double yummy), red or king salmon, other fish he brings


 home.


So, I will list my menu for this week:


Monday:  White Chicken Chili


Tuesday: Northern pike (oven fried) Mac and cheese, vegetables


Wednesday: Moose Roast (crockpot)


Thursday: Red Salmon, scalloped potatoes, veggies


Friday: Pizza


Saturday: Moose Burgers, baked fries


Sunday: Lasagna     French Bread              Salad


Jenn4him, Thank you so much for giving me something to blog about!!! I am enjoying this so keep those questions coming!!!


May the Lord find us faithfu.


 

1 comment:

  1. Your menu is so neat! It all makes sense now. I went halibut fishing when I was in Sitka and I didn't catch a thing, but others did and we ate it that night. It was awesome. I also had a salmon sent back to my dad for Father's Day that year. You mentioned the other day that your husband and son went ice fishing in the -11 weather. Did they catch anything?

    ReplyDelete