Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Saturday Riding


On Saturday, we took a family snow machine ride. It seems rare that I get out, so today we made it happen.

The big kids following us.



Judith giving Benjamin a drink of water.


My wonderful husband had to do a bit of body work to a snowmachine that ran into a tree on the way.


A really neat ultra light air craft with skis. Pretty neat.



Walking back from rescuing the snow machine that hit the tree.



Rest stop.


The flood control.


Another view of the flood control.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Wow, it's so flat. How far do you live from there? Is this park land, a lake? How cold was it? I bet you are very glad that Benjamin is old enough to go now. I am sure that would be a big hit as a family activity with my crew as well. Good thing you could help the other snow machine owner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually live in a valley with hills surrounding us. The big mountain ranges are in sight but not too close. This is the Chena flood control project. Built after a big flood in the late 60's that caused a great mess in Fairbanks. We live near the dike that was built along with this project. It is great that Benjamin can go now, depending on where my husband and the big kids are going, he often goes and I stay home and breathe without interruptions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I just can't believe all the snow you guys have. So glad you have the snowmobiles to have some fun in the snow. Beautiful pictures. :)

    JoAnn

    ReplyDelete