Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Egg Rolls

Last week I made egg rolls. I attempted to take pictures of the process of egg roll making but I am not a photographer so I forgot and skipped a few steps. But they are actually very easy to make.
First I browned up a cast iron skillet of ground moose or mooger as we call it.
102_3211
It took me a while to find the egg roll wrappers at the grocery store, go figure there is a small section of such things in the produce department. Is this produce? No.
102_3212
My filling: mooger, some bagged cole slaw veggies and some rice noodles that I soaked in water.
102_3213102_3214
Filling and rolling the egg rolls, there are how to roll pictures on the back of the egg roll wrapper package.
102_3215102_3216102_3217102_3218102_3219
I rolled the egg rolls during nap time because it was naptime and I could do so uninterrupted by my most precious, curious, busy and  Mama loving two year old.
102_3220
This is where the pictures end. These went into the fridge until I fried them and well, life gets full during dinner prep plus I had three extra little blessings running around my house this day. They loved my egg rolls by the way.
I also made a not so authentic sweet and sour sauce that my husband loved. 

1 comment:

  1. Since egg rolls are one of my most favorite foods, I am wondering why I've never made them??? Do you know if the wrappers are made of white flour? Or rice? I will be on the look out for some in my produce department! I figure they put them there because you fill them with veggies? Who knows the minds of grocers.

    ReplyDelete