Saturday, December 1, 2007

Two weeks

I find myself with a few minutes of down time this Saturday morning. It's not that I do not have things to do, the list is long. It is just time to sit down for a few minutes and do something else. It seems as though I have been composing quite a few "catch up" posts lately. So, here goes:


The week of Thanksgiving we read Cranberry Thanksgiving and on Tuesday we make Grandmother's Cranberry Bread recipe  from the back of the book.


November2007078.jpg image by kaysmarmey We read the recipe and gathered our ingredients.


Everyone took turns preparing the batter.


 


November2007086.jpg image by kaysmarmey 


November2007088.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


November2007101.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


November2007100.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The finished product. It was really good. We had made it a few years ago and we didn't really care for it.


November2007120.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Then we prepared our home for Thanksgiving dinner with 17 guests plus the 5 of us equals 22 people! What a blessing and some thing to be thankful for. I was so busy that I failed to take many pictures, this is a picture of the dessert table in the dining room. We set up three tables in the family room and all ate in there.


November2007130.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


I am saving my Christmas preparations and decorating for my Open House post on Monday, but while I was getting Christmas boxes from storage I found the blessing's bounce balls. Sweetheart immediately pumped them and they were off. They have bounced and bounced and bounced and bounced....... Oh, my. No wonder they are all so thin! I love the bandanas! 


November2007178.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Like I said this is a catch up post. Here is  a picture of the sunrise yesterday morning.


November2007245.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Lastly, here is our Christmas card picture for this year. I know it is not real creative and you can't really see the blessings very well  (and a couple of them look as though they have extremely long heads?)but this picture is us. After the picture taking was over all kinds of snowmachine riding took place, they had a blast. They actually like winter.


November2007255.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


May the Lord find us faithful.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing a little of your life with us. Beautiful family picture!

    ReplyDelete