Monday, December 17, 2007

Perspective

Tonight I dipped cherry filling for chocolate covered cherries, peppermint patties, oreo truffles and thin mints. I will share recipes and pictures later.  As I was finishing up and clearing things off the counters blessing #2 came in and asked if she could look at her baby scrapbook. She is very quiet and is probably the only blessing I have that would actually ask before grabbing her book. I said yes and she took the book down and went to look through the book. I ended up sitting down at the table with her. She and I took turns reading the journaling. Boy was my perspective different back then. It has really convicted me. What happened when that third blessing came along? Why do I have such a different perspective, Oh, I love and know that they are all blessings, but would I write those same wonderful, complementary things in current scrapbooks?  I don't even make time to scrapbook any more. What do I fill my spare moments with that doesn't allow time to scrapbook, journaling how wonderful it is to have  these blessings, to list their personality  traits and find the best in them at all times? What a precious thing to read tonight, she will have my words in my handwriting about her, she will be able to see the pictures and read the love I feel for her. I could right now list many negative things about my children (boy we had a "self on the throne" time span this afternoon by two of my blessings, and I do not mean bathroom throne, I mean selfish behavior!). Now, I know what I need to work on this up coming new year...ME! My attitude, my perspective, my relationship with God. I am thankful for that little girl that wanted to look at her scrapbook tonight, I am thankful that I sat down with her to look, it is painful to know that I am the source of my frustration, but it is good to know where to start, where to begin the journey back to 2000, when my perspective was dead on center.


Proverbs 18:10


The name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous runneth into it and is safe.


I typed that from memory so if it is not word for word, I apologize. Now, excuse me while I run to a strong tower.


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Ouch. I am very much guilty of the very same. And we had a horrible day yesterday with pride rearing its ugly head. I will pray for you and if you are agreeable, pray for me in this area too. God bless your efforts.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and a great reminder! Maybe I need to get out the baby scrapbooks....

    ReplyDelete