Sunday, December 2, 2007

Open House

 


 


 hhohbutton.jpg image by kaysmarmey


Okay, here goes. I love to decorate for Christmas! The main thing about Christmas for us is that we keep it very Christ centered (as we should in our lives every day) and we keep it very others oriented(as we should every day) and we keep it very family oriented. This is a month that we focus on Christ! I share here the gospel in as given in this scripture:


1Corinthians 15:2By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.


 3For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;


 4And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures


We spend December reading the gospel accounts of the birth of Christ. 


We also have a Christmas tree and many other decorations with lots of snowmen and lights! I love the lights, maybe because it is the darkest time of year for us.


We chose not to do the whole Santa thing when blessing #1 was born. Our choice and we have never regretted it, we do watch all the television specials, santa is a tv character to our blessings, just like Frosty the Snowman.  We are teaching them to discern these things at these early ages.


We make lots of candy and cookies to give and also to enjoy for ourselves. Blessing #2 wants to know why we only make peanut butter balls at Christmas. I will be posting  recipes in December. Our plan is to make one recipe a day after we finish with school work. So, stay tuned for some delicious treats!


Now, pictures:


It sure was nice to have this type of help this year. I have always undertaken this job myself in the past. I still love the red walls in the kitchen! I am glad I painted even though it was time consuming.


November2007188.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


A few special things, does your Mom send you gourds and rocks, mine does! I love them.


November2007190.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


 November2007189.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


 


 


A simple wreath in the entry of our home.


November2007194.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The entry is almost like part of the kitchen:


November2007197.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Ignore the cluttered fridge: I am just thrilled that the counters are fairly clutter free.


November2007205.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


This is a set of those, I think they are called alpine treees, anyway, they are a set of three. This year they found a place in the kitchen and they are covered with snowmen garland and ornaments.


November2007280.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The dining room


November2007198.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Oh, my that wreath needs some adjustments!


November2007290.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The tree


 


November2007287.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


The tree: I am pleased with how it turned out. I posted a picture of a tree a few days ago. This is my interpretation of that tree. I know it is not the same. But I am thrilled with how it turned out. A  dear friend came over yesterday and she helped me get it finished. We work well together on projects such as these.


This is my frugal wall filling decoration for my family room. I made this with salvaged shutters from our house. I changed out the wreath that usually hangs here for a pine wreath and berries and of course, lights.


November2007286.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


These mice ornaments are special to me, they are from my childhood. I have no clue where they are from. I actually have quite a few mouse ornaments?


November2007283.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Here is the tree in the girl blessings room


November2007288.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Here is the tree and our one village piece in our boy blessings room, I think some one lives there as there were cars parked in front of the lighthouse the other day.


November2007289.jpg picture by kaysmarmey


Well, thanks for stopping by, may you enjoy traveling around to others "homes" and sharing Christmas posts. Zip you coat and put on your boots and gloves and don't forget your hat~it's cold out there!!!


May the Lord find us faithful.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting us into your home, Melissa. How nice, that the girls are crocheting. Ashley doesn't like to crochet, knit, sew or anything like that. And she wants to be a clothes designer. LOL. Maybe someday. I enjoyed my visit with you today. The picture of your dd above brought this song to mind...."All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth." I'm sure she'll hear that one more than a few times this season. LOL. Have a blessed week.


    Blessings,

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you post, it's so nice to see all the pictures and all the decorations. My living room is the same color as your kitchen and I have the same scounces on my kitchen wall that you have behind your Christmas tree in the living room...LOL Great minds think alike.


    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lovely blog. I loved the pictures of your Christmas decorations. Thanks for sharing.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your red kitchen too - I wanted to paint my kitchen red this summer but I lost my nerve and went with yellow instead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing!

    Your home is beautiful. I love the red walls in the kitchen and all your snowmen.



    Blessings to you,

    tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did alot of decorating!

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing with us. Your home and your decorations are beautiful.


    Merry Christmas!

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your decorations! Wow, they are so nice! I love your kitchen too-sounds like you have a wonderful time at Christmas!


    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Speaking from the HeartDecember 6, 2007 at 1:14 PM

    Your house is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and for stopping by at my site.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It all looks wonderful. What a pretty shade of red. You did a great job! But you always have been good at decorating.

    ReplyDelete