Monday, December 3, 2007

Today's recipe and a prayer request

Today we are making:


Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls


(or Buckeye's as some call them)


1 pound butter


1 quart peanut butter (I used one 40 ounce jar)


2 (16 ounce) boxes powdered sugar


Melt butter and add peanut butter. After peanut butter is melted add powdered sugar and stir until mixed well. Cool. Shape into balls. I put them on a cookie sheet and put in fridge. I only pull out small amounts when dipping to keep them cold and firm.


1 large package semi-sweet chocolate


1/4 pound paraffin or a couple TBSP. of shortening


Melt in  a double boiler or in a glass bowl on top of a pan of simmering water. Dip balls in chocolate and place on waxed paper to harden.


We love these. I just remembered I took my glass bowls to church to leave them there. Oh, well, onto plan B and I will have to pick them up for the next few weeks and then take them back! Oops!


I will post pictures when we complete the dipping. The peanut mixture is cooling now. We will dip later this evening.


Prayer Request: a little  three year old at our church was hospitalized today, he has asthma and has been in and out of the hospital many times when he is struggling to breathe, also his mom just had a baby a few weeks ago and is having to go through this as well. Pray for this family please.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

4 comments:

  1. I love chocolate peanut-butter balls! My aunt gave me the recipe (very similar to yours) years ago. The paraffin makes them nice and shiny. LOL

    We tried making chocolate coconut balls (as in Mounds candy bars), and they turned out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love buckeyes! I've prayed for the sweet little girl. Hoping today finds her better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here they are always called Buckeyes (I live in Ohio, the Buckeye State). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. I enjoyed your blog. These buckeyes sound less complicated than I was always afraid... maybe I will delight my crew and try them.


    I am also praying for your little friend with asthma. My Miss Dog Lover had nasty asthma when she was little so it pulls at my heart.

    ReplyDelete