Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We settled on playdough

I found some great playdough recipes but I really prefer cooked playdough. Next time I will take my recipe


which is:


2 cups flour


1 cup salt


2 cups water


2 Tbsp.oil


1 Tbsp. cream of tarter


1 package of kool-aid, unsweetened  (this makes for a good smelling playdough, plus it gives color)


Throw it all in a pot and stir constantly on medium until it looks like gloopy mashed potatoes. Throw it onto the counter to cool and knead. Next time I will just not do the kool-aid thing and add the other ingredients from the website linked to above. Today we made gingerbread, peppermint and sparkling snow doughs.


 


May the Lord find us faithful.

2 comments:

  1. That is very similar to the play dough I make. Except now I don't add the Koolaide because they like it just like dough to pretend they are baking. I give them my pans and cookie cutters and away they go! I am hoping this year they can do the Christmas cut outs by themselves with all this year-round practice.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. that recipe too. I've used it several times, it stores well also.


    I love your blog and enjoyed meeting you. I had planned for us to read "little women" in January. I saw you are reading a Louise May Alcott biography, what a great idea to read with Little Women.


    Blessings,

    Linda


    ReplyDelete